DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
James Blake to miss Australian Open
Blake had pulled out of the Brisbane International tournament, which starts Monday, for "personal reasons."
Melbourne: Tournament director Craig Tiley says James Blake has withdrawn from next month's Australian Open, the first Grand Slam of 2012.
Tiley announced the 59th-ranked American's withdrawal in a Twitter post on Wednesday, but provided no explanation.
He said, "just got word that James Blake has withdrawn from the AO and Brisbane. Sorry to hear this and we wish James all the best."
Earlier, the Courier Mail newspaper reported Blake had pulled out of the Brisbane International tournament, which starts Monday, for "personal reasons."
The Australian Open begins on January 16.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017