James Blake to miss Australian Open
Blake had pulled out of the Brisbane International tournament, which starts Monday, for "personal reasons."
Melbourne: Tournament director Craig Tiley says James Blake has withdrawn from next month's Australian Open, the first Grand Slam of 2012.
Tiley announced the 59th-ranked American's withdrawal in a Twitter post on Wednesday, but provided no explanation.
He said, "just got word that James Blake has withdrawn from the AO and Brisbane. Sorry to hear this and we wish James all the best."
Earlier, the Courier Mail newspaper reported Blake had pulled out of the Brisbane International tournament, which starts Monday, for "personal reasons."
The Australian Open begins on January 16.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement