James Bond bosses want Adele to sing next theme song
Producers of James Bond franchise reportedly want Adele to repeat her 'Skyfall' success with a new smash-hit tune.
London: Producers of James Bond franchise reportedly want singer Adele to repeat her 'Skyfall' success with a new smash-hit tune. The bosses want the 24-year-old to sing the theme song for the next 007 movie as well after she won an Oscar for 'Skyfall' theme, reported Sun Online.
"Producers are thrilled by how well the song has been received and hope Adele's presence on the next film will replicate that success. They want her to become as synonymous with Bond as Dame Shirley," a source said.
Welsh legend Shirley, 76, had Bond hits with 'Goldfinger' (1964), 'Diamonds Are Forever' (1972) and 'Moonraker' (1979).
But none won awards or sold as many as Skyfall's three million copies worldwide. Meanwhile Adele's aunt has told how relatives wept with joy as they watched the star at last week's Academy Awards in Los Angeles.
Anita Adkins, elder sister of the star's mother Penny, said, "We streamed it live online through the night. When Adele burst into tears, we all did the same. We're all quite strong but we're also very emotional. Adele's one of us. We feel what she feels."
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- Gold Hits Over 3-Month Low On Global Cues, Muted Demand
- At paltry Rs 150 crore, gold bonds scheme fails to glitter
- PM's Diwali gifts: How to secure your gold through Centre's gold coin, monetisation and bond schemes
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience