James Bond bosses want Adele to sing next theme song
Producers of James Bond franchise reportedly want Adele to repeat her 'Skyfall' success with a new smash-hit tune.
London: Producers of James Bond franchise reportedly want singer Adele to repeat her 'Skyfall' success with a new smash-hit tune. The bosses want the 24-year-old to sing the theme song for the next 007 movie as well after she won an Oscar for 'Skyfall' theme, reported Sun Online.
"Producers are thrilled by how well the song has been received and hope Adele's presence on the next film will replicate that success. They want her to become as synonymous with Bond as Dame Shirley," a source said.
Welsh legend Shirley, 76, had Bond hits with 'Goldfinger' (1964), 'Diamonds Are Forever' (1972) and 'Moonraker' (1979).
But none won awards or sold as many as Skyfall's three million copies worldwide. Meanwhile Adele's aunt has told how relatives wept with joy as they watched the star at last week's Academy Awards in Los Angeles.
Anita Adkins, elder sister of the star's mother Penny, said, "We streamed it live online through the night. When Adele burst into tears, we all did the same. We're all quite strong but we're also very emotional. Adele's one of us. We feel what she feels."
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets