DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jamia Millia conferred with minority status
The observation was made by the National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions.
New Delhi: The National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions (NCMEI) on Tuesday observed that the Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) is a minority education institution founded by the Muslims for the benefit of community.
"We hold that the Jamia Millia Islamia is a minority education institution," said the three-member bench of the NCMEI in its judgment in the case relating to the status of the university.
The bench was headed by Justice MSA Siddiqi. Its other two members were Mohinder Singh and Cyriac Thomas.
"We have no hesitation in holding that the Jamia was founded by the Muslims for the benefit of Muslims and it never lost its character as a Muslim education institution," it said.
Recommended For You
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet