22-yr-old Jamia student beaten to death
Shahrukh, a student of Jamia Millia Islamia University, was beaten to death allegedly by 2 former students of the varsity.
New Delhi: A 22-year-old student of Jamia Millia Islamia University in Delhi was on Tuesday beaten to death allegedly by two former students of the University, police said.
The University has been closed for two days from Wednesday following the incident.
"The second-year student Shahrukh was called outside the campus by the duo and was beaten up mercilessly" at around 3.30pm, said a senior Delhi Police official.
Shahrukh had an argument with the former students who allegedly used hockey sticks and iron rods to beat him up, he said.
He was badly injured and taken to Holy Family Hospital where doctors declared him brought dead. Doctors said his vital organs were badly damaged in the incident.
University officials said the attackers were identified as Sahil and Ijas who left the university a year ago.
Police said they were investigating all angles, including any love affair which might have triggered the incident.
Shahrukh's father is a yoga teacher in the University. "Following this incident, the University has been declared closed for tomorrow and day after," an University official said
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA