Jammu and Kashmir: Policeman shot dead by terrorists
Assistant Sub-Inspector Farooq Ahmad was shot from point-blank range by unidentified pistol-borne terrorists in Pulwama town, police said.
Srinagar: A police officer was shot dead by terrorists in Pulwama district of south Kashmir on Friday. Assistant Sub-Inspector Farooq Ahmad was shot from point-blank range by unidentified pistol-borne terrorists in Pulwama town, 32 km from Srinagar, in the afternoon, a police spokesman said.
He said the officer was taken to nearby Pulwama district hospital where he succumbed to injuries.
Ahmad, who was posted in Pulwama Police Station, was on law and order duty at the time of the attack, police said, adding he was not carrying his service weapon with him. Police have cordoned off the area and a hunt has been launched to nab the militants.
This is the second terrorist attack on policemen in the Valley within a fortnight.
On April 27, terrorists had shot dead four policemen in Haigam area of Sopore in Baramulla district of north Kashmir.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology