Jammu: Soldier found with eyes gouged out
The Army said it could not interrogate jawan Rajesh Dutt because of the condition he was in.
Srinagar: A grievously injured Indian Army soldier was found with both his eyes gouged out in Akhnoor district of Jammu on Wednesday. The Rashtriya Rifles soldier claimed that he had been abducted eight to ten days back. The Army said it could not interrogate jawan Rajesh Dutt because of the condition he was in. It, however, has ruled out a terror angle.
"An Army jawan was found in an unconscious state with both his eyes damaged (gouged out) in a nullah near Chowki Choran on Jammu-Poonch highway near Akhnoor," Sub-Divisional Police Officer Rais Ahmed Bhat said.
The soldier is a resident of Naushera and is posted with 11 Rashtriya Rifles, the Army added.
Police rushed to the scene after receiving a telephone call from a passer-by about a jawan lying in an unconscious state this morning, Bhat said. "A case has been registered and investigation is on to ascertain the circumstances in which his eyes were damaged," the police officer added.
Bhut said that Dutt was on a one-month leave which expired on March 31.
Married nearly three years ago, he had a two-year-old daughter. The jawan was admitted to the Government Medical Hospital, the SDPO said.
With additional information from PTI
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"