Jammu: Madrassa teachers burn boy's feet to discipline him
The teachers allegedly pressed hot iron on the feet of the student as "punishment" for trying to run away from the madrassa.
Jammu: In a shocking case, two teachers at a madrassa allegedly burnt the feet of a 11-year-old student by pressing hot iron on them after the child tried to run away from the seminary in Rajouri district. The two teachers, Anwar-ul-Haq and Ahmed Jameel, allegedly pressed hot iron on the feet of Mohmmad Musharaf as "punishment" for trying to run away from the madrassa a few days ago, SSP, Rajouri, Mubassir Latifee said on Tuesday.
The incident came to light on Monday when the maternal uncle of the child visited the institute. He reported the matter to police, which registered a case and arrested the two teachers of Madrassa Nasurat-ul-uloom in Ahdarkote.
The child is recuperating in a Rajouri hospital. The district has witnessed two cases of brutality by teachers in the recent past.
On December 6, 2012, the right arm of a nine-year-old girl was fractured after she was allegedly caned by a teacher for coming late to school in the district. On August 18, 2012, a Class IX student suffered kidney failure after he was allegedly thrashed by a teacher.
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- Mulayam Singh Should Become UP Chief Minister, Urges Shivpal
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now
- Akhilesh Yadav Rebuffs Formation Of New Party, Says Will Remain With SP
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee