Jammu: Madrassa teachers burn boy's feet to discipline him
The teachers allegedly pressed hot iron on the feet of the student as "punishment" for trying to run away from the madrassa.
Jammu: In a shocking case, two teachers at a madrassa allegedly burnt the feet of a 11-year-old student by pressing hot iron on them after the child tried to run away from the seminary in Rajouri district. The two teachers, Anwar-ul-Haq and Ahmed Jameel, allegedly pressed hot iron on the feet of Mohmmad Musharaf as "punishment" for trying to run away from the madrassa a few days ago, SSP, Rajouri, Mubassir Latifee said on Tuesday.
The incident came to light on Monday when the maternal uncle of the child visited the institute. He reported the matter to police, which registered a case and arrested the two teachers of Madrassa Nasurat-ul-uloom in Ahdarkote.
The child is recuperating in a Rajouri hospital. The district has witnessed two cases of brutality by teachers in the recent past.
On December 6, 2012, the right arm of a nine-year-old girl was fractured after she was allegedly caned by a teacher for coming late to school in the district. On August 18, 2012, a Class IX student suffered kidney failure after he was allegedly thrashed by a teacher.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement