Jammu: Madrassa teachers burn boy's feet to discipline him
The teachers allegedly pressed hot iron on the feet of the student as "punishment" for trying to run away from the madrassa.
Jammu: In a shocking case, two teachers at a madrassa allegedly burnt the feet of a 11-year-old student by pressing hot iron on them after the child tried to run away from the seminary in Rajouri district. The two teachers, Anwar-ul-Haq and Ahmed Jameel, allegedly pressed hot iron on the feet of Mohmmad Musharaf as "punishment" for trying to run away from the madrassa a few days ago, SSP, Rajouri, Mubassir Latifee said on Tuesday.
The incident came to light on Monday when the maternal uncle of the child visited the institute. He reported the matter to police, which registered a case and arrested the two teachers of Madrassa Nasurat-ul-uloom in Ahdarkote.
The child is recuperating in a Rajouri hospital. The district has witnessed two cases of brutality by teachers in the recent past.
On December 6, 2012, the right arm of a nine-year-old girl was fractured after she was allegedly caned by a teacher for coming late to school in the district. On August 18, 2012, a Class IX student suffered kidney failure after he was allegedly thrashed by a teacher.
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention