DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jammu-Srinagar highway closed due to snowfall, landslides
Over 200 vehicles are stranded at various places en route.
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar national highway, the only road link between Kashmir and rest of the country, was closed on Friday for vehicular traffic due to heavy snowfall and landslides, leaving over 200 vehicles stranded. "The highway was closed for vehicular traffic today due to heavy snowfall near Jawahar tunnel, Patnitop and landslides in Panthial area of Ramban district," a police officer said.
BRO is working to clear the 300-km-long highway of snow and landslides but bad weather, snowfall and heavy rainfall together are making the task difficult, he said. Over 200 vehicles are stranded at various places en route.
Traffic officials have not allowed any vehicular movement from Jammu towards Kashmir Valley and have stopped them at Sidhara and Nagrota. Poonch-Shopian Moghal road and Kishtwar-Anantnag road have also been closed for vehicular traffic due to heavy snowfall for the past few days.
Rains continue to lash the plains of Jammu while heavy snowfall was reported from the upper reaches of Kishtwar, Doda, Rajouri Poonch and Kathua district.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017