Jammu: Youth arrested for raping class X student
The girl's parents allege that they had approached panchayat for action against the accused, but it in-turn asked them to remain silent over the issue.
Jammu: A youth was arrested from Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district for allegedly raping a Class X girl student, filming the crime and posting it on the internet. "We have arrested Sajjad Khan from Thanamandi area for rape and circulation of pornographic material," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Rajouri, Mubassir Latifi said.
"The victim was raped and the accused had taken her pictures and video clip and spread them through the Internet," he said.
According to the complaint made by the girl at Thanamandi Police Station on July 2, she was administered sedatives by the accused and later raped. The girl, however, said that she was not aware about filming of the crime.
The girl has reportedly said in her complaint that Khan had been pressuring her to marry him and after repeated denials he raped her about 10-15 days back. Meanwhile, after the incident when the victim again turned down his demand for marriage, Khan threatened to circulate the film of the crime.
Asked why the incident was not reported earlier, the girl said that she was threatened by the accused and revealed the incident to her parents only after she came to know about the video clip.
The parents alleged that they had approached panchayat for action against the accused, but it in-turn asked them to remain silent over the issue.
"Police registered a case on July 2. The incident however might be 10-15 days old," Latifi said, adding that soon after the complaint the accused was arrested.
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof