Jamshedpur: Man mauled after entering tiger enclosure
The man, whose identity is yet to be established, had entered the enclosure of Raghav, the full grown tiger.
Jamshedpur: A man was mauled and seriously injured by a tiger after he sneaked into the animal's enclosure at the Tata Steel Zoological Society in Jamshedpur, police said on Tuesday. The man, whose identity is yet to be established, had entered the enclosure of Raghav, the full grown tiger, on Monday night and was found unconscious inside the cage by zoo staff on Tuesday morning.
The victim was removed from the cage by the zoo staff and admitted to the government-run MGM Hospital here after administering first-aid, sources in the zoo said.
They suspected that the man entered the tiger enclosure with the intention of poisoning the striped cat to get its skin, or steal cubs from adjoining enclosures.
The matter would be probed in detail, the sources said. Police said they were investigating how the man managed to evade security and entered the enclosure.
It also needs to be ascertained whether the man is in a mentally sound state, police said.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- US Presidential Elections: New Polls Send Mixed Signals About Hillary And Trump
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton