Janet too busy, won't attend MJ's tribute concert
King of Pop's brothers plan special concerts in his memory.
London: Pop legend Michael Jackson's sister Janet has dismissed reports that she will appear as a surprise guest at the tribute concerts to mark her late brother's birth anniversary on August 29.
Janet was reportedly lined up to open the performances at London's O2 Arena, where Jacko was due to play 50 dates before his tragic death on June 25, reported femalefirst.co.uk. A representative for Janet, however, said that the singer will not perform as the concerts aren't "about her".
"Janet has plenty going on as it is -she's filming a movie (Why Did I Get Married Too) and she's involved in Michael's kids' lives. These concerts are not about her and she respects that. She's always been independent," said the spokesperson.
But the Jackson brothers - Jermaine, Jackie, Tito and Marlon Jackson will give two special performances, the first of which will be played on Michael's birthday.
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Watch: Ajay Devgan Takes Tough Stand On Pakistan Artistes
- Left Govt Trying to Dilute Liquor Policy: Kerala Congress
- Will Settle Matter With Kerala Contractor Out of Court: Congress leader
- Sonia Liable to Clear Dues of Kerala Contractor, Says Swamy