DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jankovic reaches final at Monterrey Open
Jankovic, now ranked No. 6, will face defending champion Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia.
Monterrey, Mexico: Top-seeded Jelena Jankovic of Serbia reached the final of the Monterrey Open with a 6-3, 6-2 victory over eighth-seeded Polona Hercog of Slovenia on Saturday.
The former No. 1-ranked Jankovic needed just over an hour to win the match.
Jankovic, now ranked No. 6, will face defending champion Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia. The second seed defeated Gisela Dulko of Argentina 6-4, 6-1 in the other semifinal.
Jankovic is seeking her first title since winning Indian Wells last March. She beat Pavlyuchenkova in straight sets the only previous time they've played.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017