DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Japan: Chinese plane spotted over disputed islands
The islands known as Senkaku in Japanese and Diaoyu in Chinese have been at the center of a territorial dispute.
Tokyo: A Japanese government spokesman says a Chinese airplane has been spotted in Japanese airspace above southwestern islands controlled by Tokyo but also claimed by Beijing. The Defense Agency said four Japanese F-15 jets headed to the area Thursday morning, but no further action was taken.
The islands known as Senkaku in Japanese and Diaoyu in Chinese have been at the center of a territorial dispute. The purchase of the islands by the Japanese government earlier this year from private Japanese owners set off massive anti-Japanese rallies in China.
Japanese ships have been patrolling the area on the lookout for approaching Chinese ships. Chinese ships have darted in and out the waters in that area in recent months. Violations by Chinese planes of air space are more unusual.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics