Japan deploys anti-missiles in Tokyo to counter North Korean threat
The Patriot missiles were deployed at Japan's defence ministry headquarters and at bases farther away from central Tokyo.
New Delhi: Japan has deployed missile interceptors in key locations around Tokyo as a precaution against possible North Korean ballistic missile tests.
The Patriot missiles were deployed at Japan's defence ministry headquarters and at bases farther away from central Tokyo. North Korea is believed to have moved ballistic missiles to its east coast, possibly in preparation for a test launch. The move has further raised tensions on the Korean Peninsula amid threats by North Korea and large-scale war games involving US and South Korean troops.
Japan has taken similar measures before previous North Korean launches. It has never actually tried to shoot down a North Korean missile and was not expected to try to do so unless there was a clear threat to Japanese territory.
With Additional Inputs From AP
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution