DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jat protest enters seventh day, rail disrupted
Commuters on these routes have been facing hard time due to the suspension of rail services.
Hisar: Rail services around Hisar remained disrupted as an agitation by a Jat organisation, demanding reservation for the community in government jobs, entered the seventh day on Sunday.
Traffic on the Hisar-Jakhal, Hisar-Bhiwani and Hisar-Sadalpur rail lines were affected as the activists of Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti, including women, have been staging sit-ins on the rail tracks since March 5 in these routes, officials said.
A spokesman of the body said the dharna on the railway tracks would continued till their demand was accepted by the government.
Meanwhile, commuters on these routes have been facing hard time due to the suspension of rail services.
The Jats have been demanding 27 per cent reservation in Central jobs under the OBC category.
Recommended For You
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet