Jaya allocates Rs 25 cr for Lankan camps
The CM has already extended all welfare schemes being implemented for the people of the state to the refugees.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Sunday allocated Rs 25.62 crore for improving basic amenities in the Lankan Tamil refugee camps, giving scholarships to children of the refugees who are pursuing higher studies and for giving one-time grants of Rs 10,000 to the women's self help groups run by the refugees.
The CM has already extended all welfare schemes being implemented for the people of the state to the refugees living in camps across the state.
While Rs 4.33 crore was allocated to improve drinking water facilities, Rs 20.66 crore has been granted for improving basic amenities in the camps.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)