Jaya launches Rs 1,854 projects in home constituency
Jayalalithaa said based on the investments made by the companies, the government would give a subsidy between Rs 45 lakh and Rs 2.25 crore.
Tiruchirapalli: Aimed at making Tamil Nadu achieve all round development, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Monday launched Rs 1,854 worth of projects in Srirangam constituency in the district. Out of this, Jayalalithaa laid the foundation stone for several projects valued at Rs 1,752 crore.
"My government has been taking efforts based on the concept of promoting humanity and enhancing the state's infrastructure facilities which will make the state achieve an all round-development", she said after launching the new initiatives taken by her government here. Detailing some of the new projects taken up at Srirangam, her home constituency, Jayalalithaa said at a cost of Rs 107 crore an industrial park, on a 1,077 acre land would be set up in Manapparai zone. "Through this textile park Rs 3,000 crore worth of investments would be attracted providing employment to 25,000 people..", she said.
She said based on the investments made by the companies, the government would give a subsidy between Rs 45 lakh and Rs 2.25 crore. Noting that a manufacturing facility to produce two lakh tonne of multi-layer double coated board would be established under State-owned Tamil Nadu Newsprint Ltd, she said it will come up in Srirangam-Manapparai zone at a cost of Rs 1,200 crore. "Through this facility, 2000 new jobs will be created", she said.
She said so far Rs 433.65 crore of new projects have been completed in Srirangam and was inaugurated by her. Referring to the National Law School to be set up on a 25 acre land at Srirangam for which foundation stone was laid by her in February, Jayalalithaa said "classes for first year students would commence from this academic year itself".
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Russia Asks Pakistan to Take Steps to Contain Terror Groups
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Surgical Strike Across LoC: US Objects to Pakistan's Nuclear Threats Against India
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance