Jayaram crashes out of Indonesian Super Series
Ajay Jayaram suffered a straight game defeat to German Marc Zwiebler to crash out of the men's singles competition.
Jakarta: Indian shuttler Ajay Jayaram suffered a straight game defeat to German Marc Zwiebler to crash out of the men's singles competition at the Indonesian Super Series Premier here on Friday.
World number 25 Jayaram failed to negotiate the brilliant net play of his opponent and lost 16-21, 15-21 in a 34 minute duel. Marc had beaten Jayaram in the Thailand Grand Prix Gold in 2008 but the Indian had avenged the loss in Dutch Grand Prix in 2010.
However, the world number 22 had an upper hand as he played a better overall game to outwit the Indian. In the first game, Marc opened up a narrow 4-1 lead but Jayaram clawed back with four straight points. The German once again wrested the lead at 14-11 and held on to edge ahead.
In the second game, Jayaram made it 5-2 early on but Marc once again turned the tables and surged ahead at 16-9. Jayaram tried to step up the gas but the German didn't give any chance to the Indian.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology