DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jayaram crashes out of Indonesian Super Series
Ajay Jayaram suffered a straight game defeat to German Marc Zwiebler to crash out of the men's singles competition.
Jakarta: Indian shuttler Ajay Jayaram suffered a straight game defeat to German Marc Zwiebler to crash out of the men's singles competition at the Indonesian Super Series Premier here on Friday.
World number 25 Jayaram failed to negotiate the brilliant net play of his opponent and lost 16-21, 15-21 in a 34 minute duel. Marc had beaten Jayaram in the Thailand Grand Prix Gold in 2008 but the Indian had avenged the loss in Dutch Grand Prix in 2010.
However, the world number 22 had an upper hand as he played a better overall game to outwit the Indian. In the first game, Marc opened up a narrow 4-1 lead but Jayaram clawed back with four straight points. The German once again wrested the lead at 14-11 and held on to edge ahead.
In the second game, Jayaram made it 5-2 early on but Marc once again turned the tables and surged ahead at 16-9. Jayaram tried to step up the gas but the German didn't give any chance to the Indian.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet