Jeev lying 20th after first round in Japan
Jeev qualified for the tournament on the basis of his win in the Scottish Open and by virtue of being a member of the Japan Tour.
Tokyo: Indian golfer Jeev Milkha Singh suffered a crippling triple bogey on the fourth hole but still managed to hold his opening round to one-over 71 at the Golf Nippon Series JT Cup on Thursday. Jeev was lying 20th, but as much as 10 shots behind the double defending champion Hiroyuki Fujita, who shot nine-under 61 to lead by three shots. Fujita has won this event last two times.
Toshinori Muto is lying second at 64 and Kenichi Kuboya is third at 65 in the event where there are only 26 starters and there is no cut. Jeev qualified for the tournament on the basis of his win in the Scottish Open and by virtue of being a member of the Japan Tour. All Japan Tour members winning on recognised Tours around the world are eligible for this season-ending tournament. Jeev won this event in 2006 and 2008.
He opened with a birdie on the first, but messed up the par-four fourth with a triple bogey. He made up somewhat with birdies on fifth and sixth to get back to even-par. Another double bogey on the par-four 11th undid the repair work before he found a birdie on the par-five 17th.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Timeline of Criminal Defamation Case Filed Against Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- HC Dismisses Kejriwal's Plea to Stay Defamation Case Filed by Arun Jaitley
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18