Jeev lying 20th after first round in Japan
Jeev qualified for the tournament on the basis of his win in the Scottish Open and by virtue of being a member of the Japan Tour.
Tokyo: Indian golfer Jeev Milkha Singh suffered a crippling triple bogey on the fourth hole but still managed to hold his opening round to one-over 71 at the Golf Nippon Series JT Cup on Thursday. Jeev was lying 20th, but as much as 10 shots behind the double defending champion Hiroyuki Fujita, who shot nine-under 61 to lead by three shots. Fujita has won this event last two times.
Toshinori Muto is lying second at 64 and Kenichi Kuboya is third at 65 in the event where there are only 26 starters and there is no cut. Jeev qualified for the tournament on the basis of his win in the Scottish Open and by virtue of being a member of the Japan Tour. All Japan Tour members winning on recognised Tours around the world are eligible for this season-ending tournament. Jeev won this event in 2006 and 2008.
He opened with a birdie on the first, but messed up the par-four fourth with a triple bogey. He made up somewhat with birdies on fifth and sixth to get back to even-par. Another double bogey on the par-four 11th undid the repair work before he found a birdie on the par-five 17th.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Not Approached for 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Hrithik Roshan
- Krushna Abhishek Wants Healthy Competition With Kapil Sharma
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18