Jet Airways plane's tyre catches fire
One of the tyres of a Chennai-bound Jet flight caught fire at Kochi airport runway.
Kochi: A Chennai-bound Jet Airways flight from Kochi was aborted when one of its tyres caught fire just before take-off. All the passengers were safe.
Rafi, one of the passengers on board the plane, said that a few passengers noticed the fire and immediately informed the air hostess.
"The entire responsibility lies with the airline because as we were boarding the flight, many passengers were saying that the condition of the aircraft looked old. The aircraft was moving and was ready for take off when the fire was noticed and all the passengers were evacuated," Rafi told reporters.
Jet Airways as per standard operating procedure, and in the interest of safety the captain ordered a precautionary evacuation and the guests were assisted by the crew to deplane safely.
Later, Jet Airways made alternate arrangements for passengers to reach Chennai.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology