DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Jewel Thief' hit to feature in 'Ragini MMS'
'Ragini MMS' is set to release on May 12th this year
New Delhi: The new age filmmakers' love for retro songs seems to be getting stronger as the popular song "Raat akeli hai" from 1971 hit Jewel Thief will feature in Ekta Kapoor's latest film Ragini MMS.
The track composed by late music composer S.D. Burman was picturised on yesteryears' stars Dev Anand and Tanuja and was sung by Asha Bhosle.
However, unlike other filmmakers, Ekta has decided to feature the original track rather than a remixed version.
"Some classic tunes should just not be touched. They should be enjoyed in their purest authentic form. 'Raat akeli hai' is sexy enough in its original form and goes very well with the mood of Ragini MMS," Ekta said in a statement.
Some of the new films featuring the remixed version of yesteryears' songs are "Pyaar do pyaar lo" in Thank You, "Dum maaro dum" in Abhishek Bachchan-starrer Dum Maaro Dum and "Laila o laila" in Lara Dutta's first production venture Challo Dilli.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO