Uttar Pradesh: Four train bogies catch fire
No casualty was reported in the incident and the passengers of the train were taken to Jhansi.
Lucknow: Four bogies of Barauni-Gwalior mail caught fire late Monday evening when the train was stationed at a railway station near Jhansi, disrupting the train traffic on the Jhansi-Kanpur route for about two hours. The sleeper coach S-8 of the Gwalior-bound train caught fire at Moth station, around 320-kms from Lucknow, and soon it spread to three other bogies, Public Relations Officer, Jhansi Division, Ravi Prakash said.
Three bogies were totally damaged in the fire while one was partially burnt, Prakash said. Four fire brigades were reportedly pressed into service to douse the blaze. No casualty was reported in the incident and the passengers of the train were taken to Jhansi.
The four bogies were replaced and the journey was resumed after two hours, the official said. A probe has been launched to ascertain the cause of the fire.
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager