Jharkhand: 3 unidentified men gangrape 19-year-old woman
The BJP activists have launched a protest in Chatra township in Chatra district demanding arrest of the culprits.
Chatra: A 19-year-old tribal woman was allegedly gangraped by three persons in Chatra district, police sources said on Sunday. The 19-year-old married tribal woman had come to witness the Ramnavmi procession on Friday in Chatra town when she was abducted by three youths who later allegedly gangraped her, Superintendent of Police Arun Birthery said.
The SP said two persons have been arrested in this connection after a FIR was lodged on the basis of statement given by the victim for abduction and gangrape. The woman has been sent to Sadar Hospital, Chatra for medical check-up, Birthery said adding that the police has launched a hunt to apprehend one more accused, who was reported at large.
Meanwhile, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) activists on Sunday put up road blockades on the main thoroughfare of Chatra township in Chatra district since morning demanding immediate arrest and stringent action against the culprits involved in the gangrape of the woman on the Ramnavami day. Hundreds of party activists squatted on the busy Kesri chowk disrupting the road traffic in support of their demand.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)