DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jharkhand: 61convicted in fodder scam case
The judge sentenced 20 persons to one to three years imprisonment and slapped fine of Rs 30,000 to Rs 5 lakh.
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Monday convicted 61 accused in a multi-crore fodder scam case relating to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 14.52 crore from Jamshedpur Treasury during undivided Bihar.
Judge Pravas Kumar Singh sentenced 20 persons to one to three years imprisonment and slapped fine of Rs 30,000 to Rs five lakh.The court would pronounce the quantum of sentence against the rest later.
Three of the total convicts were former officials of the treasury when the scam was unearthed in 1990s.This was the 39th of the total 53 fodder cases which ended in convictions. The total scam was assessed at about Rs 950 crore.
Recommended For You
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere