Jharkhand: 61convicted in fodder scam case
The judge sentenced 20 persons to one to three years imprisonment and slapped fine of Rs 30,000 to Rs 5 lakh.
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Monday convicted 61 accused in a multi-crore fodder scam case relating to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 14.52 crore from Jamshedpur Treasury during undivided Bihar.
Judge Pravas Kumar Singh sentenced 20 persons to one to three years imprisonment and slapped fine of Rs 30,000 to Rs five lakh.The court would pronounce the quantum of sentence against the rest later.
Three of the total convicts were former officials of the treasury when the scam was unearthed in 1990s.This was the 39th of the total 53 fodder cases which ended in convictions. The total scam was assessed at about Rs 950 crore.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner