Jharkhand: Aadhaar mandatory for sale, purchase of land
The state has set December as deadline for Aadhaar enrollment for all the people in Jharkhand.
Ranchi: Aadhaar will be mandatory as proof during land deals in Jharkhand from January 1 2014, an official release said on Tuesday. The decision was taken to bring in transparency in the sale/purchase of land and prevention of registering the same land more than once, the release said quoting Chief Secretary RS Sharma.
Now onwards land could be registered showing Aadhaar or other relevant documents, but from January 1, 2014 Aadhaar alone would be taken as proof in land deals, the release said in Ranchi. Along with sellers and buyers of land, the witnesses should also produce Aadhaar.
The land registration department has been asked to follow the directive, the release said. The state has set December as deadline for Aadhaar enrollment for all the people in Jharkhand.
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial SP Meet
- Mulayam Singh Explores Political Possibilities Amid Turf War
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Samajwadi Party Live: Shivpal Yadav Addresses Party Workers, Hits Back At Akhilesh Yadav
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where