Jharkhand CRPF-Naxal encounter: Dead villagers' families to be compensated
A compensation of Rs 2.35 lakh was on Thursday announced to the families.
Latehar: A compensation of Rs 2.35 lakh was on Thursday announced to the families of the four villagers who died during Monday's encounter between the security personnel and the Maoists near Amvatikar village of the district, the police said in Latehar.
The CRPF and the Jharkhand police each announced Rs one lakh each to the families of the dead villagers, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar said at a press conference. The superintendent of police announced an additional Rs 25,000 while the district administration gave Rs 10,000 to the families, Kumar said. One dependent of each family would be given a job, he said.
The dead villagers were identified as Pramod Sao and Virendra Yadav of Nawadih village, Gonu Singh and Jogeshwar Bhuyan of Amvatikar village.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show