Jharkhand CRPF-Naxal encounter: Dead villagers' families to be compensated
A compensation of Rs 2.35 lakh was on Thursday announced to the families.
Latehar: A compensation of Rs 2.35 lakh was on Thursday announced to the families of the four villagers who died during Monday's encounter between the security personnel and the Maoists near Amvatikar village of the district, the police said in Latehar.
The CRPF and the Jharkhand police each announced Rs one lakh each to the families of the dead villagers, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar said at a press conference. The superintendent of police announced an additional Rs 25,000 while the district administration gave Rs 10,000 to the families, Kumar said. One dependent of each family would be given a job, he said.
The dead villagers were identified as Pramod Sao and Virendra Yadav of Nawadih village, Gonu Singh and Jogeshwar Bhuyan of Amvatikar village.
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away