DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jharkhand CRPF-Naxal encounter: Dead villagers' families to be compensated
A compensation of Rs 2.35 lakh was on Thursday announced to the families.
Latehar: A compensation of Rs 2.35 lakh was on Thursday announced to the families of the four villagers who died during Monday's encounter between the security personnel and the Maoists near Amvatikar village of the district, the police said in Latehar.
The CRPF and the Jharkhand police each announced Rs one lakh each to the families of the dead villagers, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar said at a press conference. The superintendent of police announced an additional Rs 25,000 while the district administration gave Rs 10,000 to the families, Kumar said. One dependent of each family would be given a job, he said.
The dead villagers were identified as Pramod Sao and Virendra Yadav of Nawadih village, Gonu Singh and Jogeshwar Bhuyan of Amvatikar village.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan