Jharkhand CRPF-Naxal encounter: Dead villagers' families to be compensated
A compensation of Rs 2.35 lakh was on Thursday announced to the families.
Latehar: A compensation of Rs 2.35 lakh was on Thursday announced to the families of the four villagers who died during Monday's encounter between the security personnel and the Maoists near Amvatikar village of the district, the police said in Latehar.
The CRPF and the Jharkhand police each announced Rs one lakh each to the families of the dead villagers, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar said at a press conference. The superintendent of police announced an additional Rs 25,000 while the district administration gave Rs 10,000 to the families, Kumar said. One dependent of each family would be given a job, he said.
The dead villagers were identified as Pramod Sao and Virendra Yadav of Nawadih village, Gonu Singh and Jogeshwar Bhuyan of Amvatikar village.
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha