Jharkhand: Student beaten up, tonsured for molesting girl
An FIR was lodged on the basis of the girl's statement and the boy was forwarded to jail on Friday, sources said.
Medininagar: A class ten student was on Friday sent to jail after he was beaten up and tonsured by a mob allegedly for molesting his junior at Chaipur in Palamu district. The 18-year-old boy frequently indulged in molesting a class nine girl student of Harina High School, the police said.
While returning home from the school last evening, the girl protested when the boy made a similar move and started beating him with her sandal. Passers-by, who assembled on the spot, joined the girl and started beating the boy.
Later, a panchayat chaired by the Mukhia (Chief) Prabha Devi was convened to punish the culprit, sources said. The villagers tonsured the boy before he was handed over to the police.
An FIR was lodged on the basis of the girl's statement and the boy was forwarded to jail on Friday, the sources added.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner