DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jharkhand: Student beaten up, tonsured for molesting girl
An FIR was lodged on the basis of the girl's statement and the boy was forwarded to jail on Friday, sources said.
Medininagar: A class ten student was on Friday sent to jail after he was beaten up and tonsured by a mob allegedly for molesting his junior at Chaipur in Palamu district. The 18-year-old boy frequently indulged in molesting a class nine girl student of Harina High School, the police said.
While returning home from the school last evening, the girl protested when the boy made a similar move and started beating him with her sandal. Passers-by, who assembled on the spot, joined the girl and started beating the boy.
Later, a panchayat chaired by the Mukhia (Chief) Prabha Devi was convened to punish the culprit, sources said. The villagers tonsured the boy before he was handed over to the police.
An FIR was lodged on the basis of the girl's statement and the boy was forwarded to jail on Friday, the sources added.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- No Win for Alonso in Indy 500, Returns to F1