Jharkhand: Two Maoists killed in encounter
A massive combing operation was on in the forest between Kalerango and Chatnibeda villages of the district to track down the rebels.
Jamshedpur: At least two Maoists were killed and three jawans got injured in an encounter between the ultras and the security forces in a forest in Seraikela-Kharswan district in Jharkhand, police said on Tuesday. Earlier police had said one Maoist was killed and two jawans were injured in the encounter on Monday.
"At least two Maoists were killed while three jawans suffered injury in the encounter that lasted over one and half hour," Police Superintendent Upendra Kumar said. "We have recovered one body, while we saw the Maoists carrying away another during the encounter," he said.
"I cannot rule out the possibility of more casualty of the Maoists", he said. The injured jawans of COBRA battalion were admitted to hospital from where one was released this morning , he said.
A massive combing operation was on for the second day on Tuesday in the forest between Kalerango and Chatnibeda villages of the district to track down the rebels, he said.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)