Jharkhand: Woman beheaded on suspicion of witchcraft
The brother-in-law Bagit alias Diku Mardi walked into Rajnagar police station with the head of the 60-year-old woman.
Jamshedpur: The head of a tribal woman was chopped off by her brother-in-law who then surrendered with it at a police station at a village in Jharkhand's Seraikela-Kharswan district, police sources said on Saturday.
The brother-in-law Bagit alias Diku Mardi walked into Rajnagar police station with the head of the 60-year-old woman and the axe with which he killed her on Friday at Murumdih village, the sources said.
Bagit told the police he killed his sister-in-law for practising witchcraft which he said was causing his son's illness. Bagit was produced in court and sent to judicial custody.
Recommended For You
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Donald Trump for Making Oscars Look Less Racist
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone