Jiah Khan suicide: Actress died of hanging, says autopsy report
Jiah Khan hanged herself at her home in Mumbai on June 3, allegedly over broken relationship with aspiring actor Suraj Pancholi.
Mumbai: Postmortem report of Jiah Khan has concluded that the Bollywood actress died due to hanging and no external injuries were found on her body, police said on Wednesday.
"The postmortem report has found that the death of Jiah Khan was due to hanging and no other external wounds were found," they said.
Jiah (25) hanged herself at her residence in western Mumbai on June 3, allegedly over broken relationship with aspiring actor Suraj Pancholi, son of actor couple Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab. Police arrested Suraj (21) and booked him on the charge of abetment to suicide following the incident.
The actress' mother blamed Suraj for driving her daughter to suicide and later handed over a six-page letter, purportedly written by Jiah, to police, throwing light on the relationship between the two.
The letter did not mention the person it is addressed to and narrates emotional travails of its writer. Police are yet to verify if the letter was indeed written by Jiah and are awaiting report of handwriting experts.
- Samajwadi Party Meeting Turns Into Family Drama After Akhilesh and Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Army Officials Reject Raj Thackeray's Welfare Fund Proposal