Jiah Khan suicide: Actress died of hanging, says autopsy report
Jiah Khan hanged herself at her home in Mumbai on June 3, allegedly over broken relationship with aspiring actor Suraj Pancholi.
Mumbai: Postmortem report of Jiah Khan has concluded that the Bollywood actress died due to hanging and no external injuries were found on her body, police said on Wednesday.
"The postmortem report has found that the death of Jiah Khan was due to hanging and no other external wounds were found," they said.
Jiah (25) hanged herself at her residence in western Mumbai on June 3, allegedly over broken relationship with aspiring actor Suraj Pancholi, son of actor couple Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab. Police arrested Suraj (21) and booked him on the charge of abetment to suicide following the incident.
The actress' mother blamed Suraj for driving her daughter to suicide and later handed over a six-page letter, purportedly written by Jiah, to police, throwing light on the relationship between the two.
The letter did not mention the person it is addressed to and narrates emotional travails of its writer. Police are yet to verify if the letter was indeed written by Jiah and are awaiting report of handwriting experts.
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan