Jiah Khan suicide: Actress died of hanging, says autopsy report
Jiah Khan hanged herself at her home in Mumbai on June 3, allegedly over broken relationship with aspiring actor Suraj Pancholi.
Mumbai: Postmortem report of Jiah Khan has concluded that the Bollywood actress died due to hanging and no external injuries were found on her body, police said on Wednesday.
"The postmortem report has found that the death of Jiah Khan was due to hanging and no other external wounds were found," they said.
Jiah (25) hanged herself at her residence in western Mumbai on June 3, allegedly over broken relationship with aspiring actor Suraj Pancholi, son of actor couple Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab. Police arrested Suraj (21) and booked him on the charge of abetment to suicide following the incident.
The actress' mother blamed Suraj for driving her daughter to suicide and later handed over a six-page letter, purportedly written by Jiah, to police, throwing light on the relationship between the two.
The letter did not mention the person it is addressed to and narrates emotional travails of its writer. Police are yet to verify if the letter was indeed written by Jiah and are awaiting report of handwriting experts.
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Dabang Mumbai vs Delhi Waveriders, Semi-final
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology