Jiah Khan suicide case: Mother finds a note in her belongings
A note that Jiah Khan left behind before hanging herself has been found and handed over to the police.
Mumbai: In the Jiah Khan alias Nafisa Khan suicide case, police have recovered a note purportedly written by the actress speaking about her disturbed relationship with her boyfriend Sooraj Pancholi here, an official said Saturday.
The note was recovered Friday, the official said.
"Jiah Khan's mother has handed over the note to us along with her statement. It will be scrutinized and legal opinion will be sought," Additional Commissioner of Police (West) Vishwas Nagre-Patil told IANS.
Sooraj is the son of actor-couple Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab. A day after 25-year-old Jiah Khan's suicide June 3, Sooraj was quizzed for several hours by police and allowed to go.
Police said they will seek expert help to verify Jiah's handwriting in the letter, a notarised copy of which has been handed over to investigators.
It is not known when Jiah Khan had penned the note and how it was discovered by her family six days after her death.
Last Monday around midnight, Jiah was found hanging in her home in Sagar Sangeet building in the posh Juhu area of north-west Mumbai where she lived with her family.
The six-page note details Jiah's strained relationship with Sooraj, alleging that he had cheated her though she trusted him.
"By the time you will be reading this letter, probably by then I won't be there in this world," the note is reported to have said, indicating that she had planned to end her life.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18