J&K: 5-year-old dies after consuming expired noodles
Abroo along with her parents and three siblings, fell unconscious after consuming the noodles, which had expired in the year 2007.
Srinagar: A five-year-old girl died while other family members were taken seriously ill after they consumed a packet of expired noodles in south Kashmir's Kulgam district, police said on Thursday. Abroo, daughter of Nisar Ahmad Chak of Manzgam village, along with her parents and three siblings, fell unconscious after consuming the noodles, which had expired in the year 2007, on Tuesday evening, Superintendent of Police, Kulgam, Muhammad Shafi Mir said.
The pack of noodles had been brought from the family's own shop owned by Chak and his brother Gulzar Ahmad Chak, Shafi said. The entire family was immediately rushed to a hospital in Kulgam where they were given a 'gastric lavage' (stomach wash), afterwards which they were referred to Srinagar for further treatment, he said.
Abroo died on the way to Srinagar, he said, adding that the other members of the family are being treated in two different hospitals of Srinagar. The parents are under treatment at SMHS hospital, while the children were admitted to GB Pant Hospital.
The SP said the noodle wrapper and other samples have been taken by the police for evidence and a detailed report is awaited. Police has registered a case under section 174 of CRPC and investigations are on, Shafi said.
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity, says Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- SP Meet Turns Into Open War of Words
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pakistan's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry