DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jammu and Kashmir: Militants kill two policemen
The two policemen were admitted to a hospital but they both succumbed to their injuries soon after being shot.
Handwara: Militants on Saturday shot dead two policemen in Jammu and Kashmir's Handawara town. The two policemen were admitted to a hospital but they both succumbed to their injuries soon after being shot.
Reports say the two were shot at from point black range. "The two constables belonging to the Indian Reserve Police (IRP) were removed to the hospital in a critical condition, where they succumbed to injuries," a senior police officer said.
The area has been cordoned off and searches have started in the town. So far, no arrest has been made in this connection.
Senior police and paramilitary officers have rushed to the town to take stock of the situation. No militant outfit has yet owned responsibility for the attack.
(With Additional Inputs From IANS)
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh