Jammu and Kashmir: Militants kill two policemen
The two policemen were admitted to a hospital but they both succumbed to their injuries soon after being shot.
Handwara: Militants on Saturday shot dead two policemen in Jammu and Kashmir's Handawara town. The two policemen were admitted to a hospital but they both succumbed to their injuries soon after being shot.
Reports say the two were shot at from point black range. "The two constables belonging to the Indian Reserve Police (IRP) were removed to the hospital in a critical condition, where they succumbed to injuries," a senior police officer said.
The area has been cordoned off and searches have started in the town. So far, no arrest has been made in this connection.
Senior police and paramilitary officers have rushed to the town to take stock of the situation. No militant outfit has yet owned responsibility for the attack.
(With Additional Inputs From IANS)
Recommended For You
- Big Indian Comebacks In a Home Series In Last 20 Years
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Watch: Anil, Arjun and Sonam Shake a Leg to My Name Is Lakhan at a Family Wedding
- Get-Fit Tips: Workout Dos And Don'ts By Celebrity Trainer Yogesh Bhateja
- David Warner Warns Bollywood After Watching Daughter Ivy Dance