J&K: Angry mob set Army truck on fire in Anantnag
Twenty seven-year-old Yasir Ahmad Wani died on the spot when he was hit by an Army truck.
Anantnag: An angry mob on Saturday set ablaze an Army vehicle after a man was run over by it in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, police said.
Twenty seven-year-old Yasir Ahmad Wani died on the spot when he was hit by a truck belonging to the security force near Khanabal in Anantnag district at 3:15 pm, they said.
The death of the man led to spontaneous protests in the town as a number of locals pelted the Army convoy with stones, police said.
The protestors set the Army vehicle on fire soon after police had evacuated the Army personnel on board to safety along with their weapons, they said.
Fire tenders rushed to the spot and the blaze was put out, police said.
The situation has been brought under control but tension continued to grip the area, they said.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner