DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
J&K: Angry mob set Army truck on fire in Anantnag
Twenty seven-year-old Yasir Ahmad Wani died on the spot when he was hit by an Army truck.
Anantnag: An angry mob on Saturday set ablaze an Army vehicle after a man was run over by it in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, police said.
Twenty seven-year-old Yasir Ahmad Wani died on the spot when he was hit by a truck belonging to the security force near Khanabal in Anantnag district at 3:15 pm, they said.
The death of the man led to spontaneous protests in the town as a number of locals pelted the Army convoy with stones, police said.
The protestors set the Army vehicle on fire soon after police had evacuated the Army personnel on board to safety along with their weapons, they said.
Fire tenders rushed to the spot and the blaze was put out, police said.
The situation has been brought under control but tension continued to grip the area, they said.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO