J&K: Angry mob set Army truck on fire in Anantnag
Twenty seven-year-old Yasir Ahmad Wani died on the spot when he was hit by an Army truck.
Anantnag: An angry mob on Saturday set ablaze an Army vehicle after a man was run over by it in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, police said.
Twenty seven-year-old Yasir Ahmad Wani died on the spot when he was hit by a truck belonging to the security force near Khanabal in Anantnag district at 3:15 pm, they said.
The death of the man led to spontaneous protests in the town as a number of locals pelted the Army convoy with stones, police said.
The protestors set the Army vehicle on fire soon after police had evacuated the Army personnel on board to safety along with their weapons, they said.
Fire tenders rushed to the spot and the blaze was put out, police said.
The situation has been brought under control but tension continued to grip the area, they said.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
- Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Won't Be Screened In Pakistan
- I Play Better Cricket Post MS Dhoni: The Untold Story, Says Sushant Singh Rajput