J&K: Army calls off search operation on LoC in Poonch
As per the reports, a group of terrorists had been launched from PoK into the Indian territory under the cover of heavy firing and rocket attacks on Friday.
Jammu: Army on Saturday called off search operation in the dense forest areas along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district, where a Junior Commissioned Officer was killed when Pakistan troops opened heavy fire on Indian posts on Friday.
"Massive search operation which was launched yesterday (Friday) by the Army troops, have been called off this afternoon," a defence source said. Nothing has been found during the search operation in the forest areas along the LoC in Subjian-Mandi belt, the source said.
Army troops had launched a massive search operation on Friday around 1 pm to flush out infiltrators, who they suspected to have sneaked into Indian territory during heavy cover firing and rocket attacks from Pakistan troops on Indian posts in Subjian-Mandi belt. JCO Naib Subedar, Bachan Singh, was killed in the firing.
As per the reports, a group of terrorists had been launched from Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) into the Indian territory under the cover of heavy firing and rocket attacks in the same sector on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology