J&K: Army foils infiltration bid, 4 killed
The bodies of all the slain militants have been recovered along with a cache of arms and ammunition.
Srinagar: Four militants were killed as army troops foiled an infiltration bid near the Line of Control in Keran sector of Kupwara district in north Kashmir.
The troops foiled an infiltration bid by militants from across the Line of Control in Keran sector on Friday, triggering a gunbattle that lasted for more than 36 hours during which four militants were killed, an army spokesman said.
The bodies of all the slain militants have been recovered along with a cache of arms and ammunition, the spokesman said adding there were no casualties among the security forces during the operation.
Militants have stepped up infiltration bids over the past three months as they try to augment the depleting cadres following the killing of several top commanders of Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammad during the current year.
Recommended For You
- Karisma Kapoor, Sandeep Toshniwal Join Kareena-Saif, Sara, Ranbir for a Gala Night
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- IPL 2017: Chairman Rajeev Shukla to Miss Auction in Bengaluru