J&K: Army foils infiltration bid, 4 killed
The bodies of all the slain militants have been recovered along with a cache of arms and ammunition.
Srinagar: Four militants were killed as army troops foiled an infiltration bid near the Line of Control in Keran sector of Kupwara district in north Kashmir.
The troops foiled an infiltration bid by militants from across the Line of Control in Keran sector on Friday, triggering a gunbattle that lasted for more than 36 hours during which four militants were killed, an army spokesman said.
The bodies of all the slain militants have been recovered along with a cache of arms and ammunition, the spokesman said adding there were no casualties among the security forces during the operation.
Militants have stepped up infiltration bids over the past three months as they try to augment the depleting cadres following the killing of several top commanders of Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammad during the current year.
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18