J&K Assembly disallows adjournment motion on CRPF attack
The legislators of JKNPP demanded that an adjournment motion be considered on the situation arising out of the CRPF camp attack.
Jammu: An adjournment motion on the killing of five Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel, moved in the legislative assembly by the Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP), was on Thursday disallowed.
Deputy speaker Sartaj Madni, who was in the chair on Thursday morning, rejected the motion moved by the three legislators of the JKNPP demanding that normal business be suspended and an adjournment motion considered on the situation arising out of the killing of five CRPF men by terrorists in a "fidayeen" attack in Srinagar on Wednesday.
Madni said that since Chief Minister Omar Abdullah had made a statement in the house on Wednesday after the incident, and the house had voiced its concern on Wednesday evening, there was no justification for admitting the adjournment motion.
The chief minister, in his statement in the house on Wednesday, had said that the five CRPF men were "martyred". Omar Abdullah, after making the statement, left Jammu for Srinagar following the killing of a youth, Altaf Ahmad Wani, in CRPF firing on stone-throwers.
The JKNPP leader of the legislature party Harsh Dev Singh lamented that the house did not have time to discuss such a major issue as the fidayeen strike, while it had discussed last week the February 9 execution of Afzal Guru, convicted of conspiring the 2001 attack on parliament.
After registering their protest, the JKNPP legislators walked out of the house. They were joined in their protest walkout by four Bharatiya Janata Party legislators and one independent member.
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- Cyrus Mistry's Exit May Trigger Major Correction in Tata Stocks: Experts
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump
- 21 Maoists Killed in Encounter on Andhra Pradesh-Odisha Border
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand