J&K: Curfew lifted from Pulwama, fresh clashes erupt
Curfew was imposed following protests against firing by security forces that resulted in injuries to 7 civilians.
Srinagar: Two persons were injured as fresh clashes erupted between protesters and police soon after the curfew was lifted today from Pulwana town in south Kashmir after four days. A group of youths pelted stones at security personnel who chased them, officials said adding two youths were injured in skirmishes between the protesters and police. The situation in the town was tense but under control, they said.
Earlier, authorities lifted the curfew, clamped on the town on December 28, following improvement in the law and order situation. Curfew was imposed following massive protests against firing allegedly by security forces that resulted in injuries to seven civilians.
The state government has ordered a Magisterial probe into the incident.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training