DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
J&K: Curfew lifted from Pulwama, fresh clashes erupt
Curfew was imposed following protests against firing by security forces that resulted in injuries to 7 civilians.
Srinagar: Two persons were injured as fresh clashes erupted between protesters and police soon after the curfew was lifted today from Pulwana town in south Kashmir after four days. A group of youths pelted stones at security personnel who chased them, officials said adding two youths were injured in skirmishes between the protesters and police. The situation in the town was tense but under control, they said.
Earlier, authorities lifted the curfew, clamped on the town on December 28, following improvement in the law and order situation. Curfew was imposed following massive protests against firing allegedly by security forces that resulted in injuries to seven civilians.
The state government has ordered a Magisterial probe into the incident.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan