J&K: Curfew lifted from Pulwama, fresh clashes erupt
Curfew was imposed following protests against firing by security forces that resulted in injuries to 7 civilians.
Srinagar: Two persons were injured as fresh clashes erupted between protesters and police soon after the curfew was lifted today from Pulwana town in south Kashmir after four days. A group of youths pelted stones at security personnel who chased them, officials said adding two youths were injured in skirmishes between the protesters and police. The situation in the town was tense but under control, they said.
Earlier, authorities lifted the curfew, clamped on the town on December 28, following improvement in the law and order situation. Curfew was imposed following massive protests against firing allegedly by security forces that resulted in injuries to seven civilians.
The state government has ordered a Magisterial probe into the incident.
- Digvijay Favours Dialogue With Pakistan, Insists Artists to Work in Cross Border Films
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- 2nd Test: West Indies Crumble After Misbah-ul-Haq's Near Miss
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K