J&K: Curfew lifted from Pulwama, fresh clashes erupt
Curfew was imposed following protests against firing by security forces that resulted in injuries to 7 civilians.
Srinagar: Two persons were injured as fresh clashes erupted between protesters and police soon after the curfew was lifted today from Pulwana town in south Kashmir after four days. A group of youths pelted stones at security personnel who chased them, officials said adding two youths were injured in skirmishes between the protesters and police. The situation in the town was tense but under control, they said.
Earlier, authorities lifted the curfew, clamped on the town on December 28, following improvement in the law and order situation. Curfew was imposed following massive protests against firing allegedly by security forces that resulted in injuries to seven civilians.
The state government has ordered a Magisterial probe into the incident.
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Surgical Strikes May Alter Political Discourse in Poll-bound States