J&K: Father charged with sacrificing son
Police said that the boy had died during the intervening night of February 11-12 this year under suspicious circumstances.
Jammu: Police in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri border district on Saturday charged a father and his spiritual guru with killing a four-year-old boy to attain spiritual powers.
A police statement issued in Jammu on Saturday said: "In one of the most bizarre and inhuman acts of killing a four-year old boy by his father and his spiritual guru, Rajouri Police today produced a charge sheet against them in the court of law".
A senior police officer told IANS that police learnt that "Raj Kumar alias Raju Baba, son of Bir Chand resident of Kuldabi, Tehsil Sunderbani, had buried the dead body of his son Shubam Sharma, aged four years, inside the Bhero temple where he used to worship."
The officer said that the boy had died during the intervening night of February 11-12 this year under suspicious circumstances.
"During the course of enquiry, the body was exhumed for post-mortem after obtaining orders from the district magistrate," the official added.
"During investigation, it was found that on February 8, Raj Kumar had gone to the house of his spiritual guru Madan Lal to participate in a religious ceremony. Madan Lal motivated Raj Kumar to sacrifice his son for attaining spiritual powers and eternal richness," the officer added.
"On February 11, he strangulated his four-year-old son and informed his guru Madan Lal. They buried the child in the temple premises during the night without informing anyone," the officer said.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- Amitabh Bachchan Feels It's Pitiable For a Woman To Catch Culprit But Not Take Action
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Japanese Encephalitis Declared as Notifiable Disease
- Can Xiaomi Redo its âMi Band Magicâ For Air Purifiers in India?