J&K: Four constables arrested for extortion
police said a resident of Batmaloo area in Srinagar filed a compliant that some armed men in uniform robbed him of Rs 50,000 on April 3.
Srinagar: Four Jammu and Kashmir Police constables were arrested in Srinagar for extorting at gunpoint Rs 50,000 from a resident last week, police said on Thursday.
A police officer said a resident of Batmaloo area in Srinagar filed a compliant that some armed men in uniform robbed him of Rs 50,000 on April 3.
"Four constables have been arrested on the complaint and investigations have been started into the allegation of extortion against them," the police officer told IANS.
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells