JK government closes 18 ultra sound clinics
The health department has instruction from the Minister for Health and Family Welfare.
Jammu: In a drive against sex determination tests the Jammu and Kashmir government on Sunday sealed 18 Ultra Sound Clinic (USCs) for violating norms.
"We have so far sealed 18 Ultra Sound clinics during a campaign launched against illegal and unlawful operation of these clinics in Jammu region during past 3 days period," senior officials of state health ministry said.
Giving a break-up, they said six such clinics were sealed in Rajouri, five in Udhampur, four in Jammu and three in Samba district.
The drive was launched by a team of health department headed by Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) of the respective districts, they said.
"The campaign of monitoring the activities of ultra sound clinics, which are operating un-lawfully without proper permission, will continue and it would be launched soon in other districts," they said.
Jammu and Kashmir is one of the three major states where sex ratio has declined as compared to Census 2001. The other two states are Bihar and Gujarat. State's overall sex ratio has been pegged at 883 females per 1000 males indicating a fall of 9 points compared to 2001 Census, according to provisional figures of 2011 Census. While the ratio is 940 at India level.
The health department has instruction from the Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Sham Lal Sharma to take stern action against all those clinics which were flouting norms.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged
- UN Aid Chief Warns of 'Unparalleled' Catastrophe in Aleppo
- Nawaz Sharif Talks to Army Cheif, Reviews Pakistan's Defence Preparedness
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Time For Pakistan To Learn Some Lessons: Subramanian Swamy
- India Has Sent Right Signal To Pakistan And World, Says Shashi Tharoor on Surgical Strike