J&K govt to bear expenses of acid attack victim's treatment
The attack has evoked strong reactions from the people from all across the kashmir Valley.
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government will bear all expenses for the treatment of the woman who suffered serious injuries in an acid attack on her, Health Minister Sham Lal Sharma said in Jammu on Friday.
Two men threw acid on the victim in Srinagar Wednesday morning. The attack has evoked strong reactions from the people from all across the kashmir Valley.
As her condition worsened in a local hospital in Srinagar, she was shifted to Delhi for specialised treatment.
Sharma said that "such incidents are inhuman and unfortunate and need to be condemned" and that the culprits deserve severe punishment.
In a statement, the minister expressed sympathies with the woman and her family and extended financial and moral support to them.
He said the "entire expenses on her specialised treatment outside the state in any hospital will be borne by the state government".
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1