J&K: Militant hideout busted, huge cache of arms seized
The arms haul included six AK assault rifles, nine rocket propelled grenades, 36 RPG boosters, 119 under barrel grenade launcher shells and 500 grams of RDX, a police spokesman said.
Srinagar: Security forces on Thursday smashed a militant hideout in Kupwara district of north Kashmir and seized a huge cache of arms and explosives, the biggest this year. The arms haul included six AK assault rifles, nine rocket propelled grenades, 36 RPG boosters, 119 under barrel grenade launcher shells and 500 grams of RDX, a police spokesman said.
Nine pistol silencers, 12 hand grenades and 19 AK magazines with 225 rounds were also recovered from the hideout, he said. Acting on a tip-off, police assisted by the Army launched a search operation in Mouldari forests of Handwara area, 90 kms from here, and busted the militant hideout which led to the biggest recovery of arms this year, the spokesman said.
No one was arrested during the operation which was still continuing, he said.
Recommended For You
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years