DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
J&K: Militant hideout busted, huge cache of arms seized
The arms haul included six AK assault rifles, nine rocket propelled grenades, 36 RPG boosters, 119 under barrel grenade launcher shells and 500 grams of RDX, a police spokesman said.
Srinagar: Security forces on Thursday smashed a militant hideout in Kupwara district of north Kashmir and seized a huge cache of arms and explosives, the biggest this year. The arms haul included six AK assault rifles, nine rocket propelled grenades, 36 RPG boosters, 119 under barrel grenade launcher shells and 500 grams of RDX, a police spokesman said.
Nine pistol silencers, 12 hand grenades and 19 AK magazines with 225 rounds were also recovered from the hideout, he said. Acting on a tip-off, police assisted by the Army launched a search operation in Mouldari forests of Handwara area, 90 kms from here, and busted the militant hideout which led to the biggest recovery of arms this year, the spokesman said.
No one was arrested during the operation which was still continuing, he said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan