J&K: Militant hideout busted, huge cache of arms seized
The arms haul included six AK assault rifles, nine rocket propelled grenades, 36 RPG boosters, 119 under barrel grenade launcher shells and 500 grams of RDX, a police spokesman said.
Srinagar: Security forces on Thursday smashed a militant hideout in Kupwara district of north Kashmir and seized a huge cache of arms and explosives, the biggest this year. The arms haul included six AK assault rifles, nine rocket propelled grenades, 36 RPG boosters, 119 under barrel grenade launcher shells and 500 grams of RDX, a police spokesman said.
Nine pistol silencers, 12 hand grenades and 19 AK magazines with 225 rounds were also recovered from the hideout, he said. Acting on a tip-off, police assisted by the Army launched a search operation in Mouldari forests of Handwara area, 90 kms from here, and busted the militant hideout which led to the biggest recovery of arms this year, the spokesman said.
No one was arrested during the operation which was still continuing, he said.
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser