J&K Min's nephew arrested for sexual harassment
Police said two girls had on Sunday lodged a complaint against Gowhar Habib, alleging that he had misbehaved with them.
Srinagar: A Jammu and Kashmir Minister's nephew has been arrested on the charges of sexual harassment in Sopore area of Baramulla district.
Two girls had on Sunday lodged a complaint against Gowhar Habib, the nephew of Minister of State for Roads and Buildings Javed Ahmad Dar, alleging that he had misbehaved with them, police said.
The allegations by the girls, who are sisters, led to local residents holding protest against Gowhar, demanding his immediate arrest.
Gowhar has been arrested and an FIR under section 294 (eve teasing) of the RPC has been registered against him.
This is the second incident in the past one week where a Jammu and Kashmir minister's relative has been arrested for violating law.
On Saturday, son of Tourism Minister Nawang Rigzin Jora was arrested along with his friend for allegedly thrashing a shopkeeper in Leh town of frontier region of Ladakh.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement