J&K Min's nephew arrested for sexual harassment
Police said two girls had on Sunday lodged a complaint against Gowhar Habib, alleging that he had misbehaved with them.
Srinagar: A Jammu and Kashmir Minister's nephew has been arrested on the charges of sexual harassment in Sopore area of Baramulla district.
Two girls had on Sunday lodged a complaint against Gowhar Habib, the nephew of Minister of State for Roads and Buildings Javed Ahmad Dar, alleging that he had misbehaved with them, police said.
The allegations by the girls, who are sisters, led to local residents holding protest against Gowhar, demanding his immediate arrest.
Gowhar has been arrested and an FIR under section 294 (eve teasing) of the RPC has been registered against him.
This is the second incident in the past one week where a Jammu and Kashmir minister's relative has been arrested for violating law.
On Saturday, son of Tourism Minister Nawang Rigzin Jora was arrested along with his friend for allegedly thrashing a shopkeeper in Leh town of frontier region of Ladakh.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan