J&K: Protests against rape of 5-year-old in Delhi continue
Students of Heritage School in Sainik Colony area of the city had held a candle light vigil, while BCP had demanded termination of the Delhi Police Commissioner.
Jammu: Protests against the rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi continued in Jammu for the second day with various organisations condemning the incident and demanding action against all those involved in the case. The Jammu unit of the Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) said it was shocked by the horrific rape.
"The inaction by the police when the father went to report her missing once again highlights the total indifference and hostility displayed by the police force to any complaints from the poorer sections of society," the organisation alleged. Timely action by the police to find the child could have
prevented the incident, they said.
Hindustan Shiv Sena, led by its president Ashok Gupta, also held a protest demonstration against the crime and said it was high time that the government take stringent steps to curb such incidents. On Saturday, students of Heritage School in Sainik Colony area of the city had held a candle light vigil, while Bhartiya Chetaniya Party (BCP) had demanded termination of the Delhi Police Commissioner.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle