J&K quake: Edu institutions to remain close on Thursday
Educational institutions in Doda and Kathua districts have been damaged due to the quake, which measured 5.8 on the Richter scale.
Jammu: Authorities in the earthquake hit Doda and Kathua districts on Wednesday ordered closure of all educational institutions, keeping in view apprehension of aftershocks.
As directed by District Development Commissioner (DDC), Kathua, all educational institutions of Bani, Lohai-Malhar, Billawar, Mahanpur, Basohli and Bhaddu will remain close on Thursday, an official spokesman said.
In Doda district, schools and colleges will remain close on Thursday as per directions of DDC Doda, Mubarak Singh. The district administration has also told people to stay out of their homes at night.
Educational institutions in both districts have been damaged due to the quake, which measured 5.8 on the Richter scale.
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street Journal
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia