J&K quake: Edu institutions to remain close on Thursday
Educational institutions in Doda and Kathua districts have been damaged due to the quake, which measured 5.8 on the Richter scale.
Jammu: Authorities in the earthquake hit Doda and Kathua districts on Wednesday ordered closure of all educational institutions, keeping in view apprehension of aftershocks.
As directed by District Development Commissioner (DDC), Kathua, all educational institutions of Bani, Lohai-Malhar, Billawar, Mahanpur, Basohli and Bhaddu will remain close on Thursday, an official spokesman said.
In Doda district, schools and colleges will remain close on Thursday as per directions of DDC Doda, Mubarak Singh. The district administration has also told people to stay out of their homes at night.
Educational institutions in both districts have been damaged due to the quake, which measured 5.8 on the Richter scale.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Which One To Buy: Apple iPhone 7 Plus or Google Pixel XL
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights