J&K: Terrorists kill 4 policemen in Sopore, Srinagar
The four policemen were on their way to Haigam to probe a complaint of robbery when they were ambushed by militants.
Srinagar: In a major strike, terrorists on Friday killed four policemen in Sopore area of Baramulla district in North Kashmir. Terrorists opened indiscriminate fire on a police team near Haigam, 65 kms from Srinagar, on Sopore-Kupwara road on Friday evening, Inspector General of Police, Kashmir, Abdul Gani Mir told PTI. "Four cops - a head constable, constable and two
Special Police Officers (SPOs) - were martyred in the attack," Mir said.
The four policemen were on their way to Haigam to probe a complaint of robbery when they were ambushed by terrorists in a lane of the village. The slain policemen have been identified as head constable Abdul Rehman, constable Mudasir Ahmad and SPOs Gulshan and Mudasir Ahmad Parray.
Mir said security forces have cordoned off the area to track down the terrorists involved in the attack. The phone call made to report the robbery was also being traced as police suspect this could have been a hoax to lead the police party into a trap.
No terrorist outfit has so far claimed responsbility for the attack. This is the first major terrorist strike in north Kashmir following the arrest of top LET commander Qari Naveed, alias "Fahadullah", last week.
- Amar Singh Got Akhilesh Story Planted in Newspaper: Ashu Malik
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan