J&K: Two youths critically injured in security forces action
The youths were staging a demonstration in north Kashmir's Baramulla district against hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
Srinagar: Two youths were critically injured allegedly in security forces action against persons staging a demonstration in north Kashmir's Baramulla district against hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
"Two persons have been critically injured in Watergam area of Baramulla district," a police spokesman said. He said the police was trying to ascertain the circumstances in which the incident took place.
However, local residents alleged that security forces opened firing on peaceful protestors in which four persons were injured. The injured were taken to Baramulla district hospital where two were referred to a hospital in Srinagar in a critical condition.
Mohammed Afzal Guru, convicted of involvement in the audacious attack on Parliament in 2001, was hanged on Saturday and buried in Delhi's Tihar Jail, six days after a mercy plea was rejected by the President.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology