J&K will have to guard against changes, says Mufti
Mufti said Kashmir can never be compared with Afghanistan and there is no need for strong arm tactics in the state.
Jammu: The Peoples Democratic Party on Sunday said Jammu and Kashmir will have to guard against the fallout of strategic changes in the region. "We will have to guard against the fallout of strategic changes in the region that can come in the aftermath of pull out of American forces from Afghanistan," PDP patriarch Mufti Mohammad Sayeed told party workers at Vijaypur, 30-km from Jammu.
He, however, said Kashmir can never be compared with Afghanistan and there is no need for strong arm tactics in the state. "Military means can never achieve peace while dealing with masses and ideas," the PDP patron said. "The present atmosphere of despair and despondency in the state can endanger the stability of entire region," he said.
"Depression has gripped the people, especially the youth, resulting from poor governance and poor development. This shall be arrested in time," he said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right