J&K: Woman dies of heart attack during raid by security forces
According to sources Nazira Begum suffered a heart attack when a joint team of police and Army raided her house late on Sunday night.
Srinagar: Protests broke out in south Kashmir's Kulgam area on Monday following death of a woman due to heart attack during a raid by security forces, police sources said.
Nazira Begum (55), suffered a heart attack when a joint team of police and Army raided her house late on Sunday night, the sources said.
The woman was taken to a hospital but was declared dead on arrival, they said.
However, local residents took to streets on Monday morning to protest the alleged high-handedness of the security forces. They claimed that the security forces did not follow the standard operating procedure as they did not have any woman police accompanying them.
The protestors blocked the main road of Kulgam town even as police tried to persuade them to disperse peacefully, the sources said.
Heated arguments between the two sides led to clashes, which were going on till reports last came in. A police spokesman said the cause of woman's death is being investigated.
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story