DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
J&K: Woman dies of heart attack during raid by security forces
According to sources Nazira Begum suffered a heart attack when a joint team of police and Army raided her house late on Sunday night.
Srinagar: Protests broke out in south Kashmir's Kulgam area on Monday following death of a woman due to heart attack during a raid by security forces, police sources said.
Nazira Begum (55), suffered a heart attack when a joint team of police and Army raided her house late on Sunday night, the sources said.
The woman was taken to a hospital but was declared dead on arrival, they said.
However, local residents took to streets on Monday morning to protest the alleged high-handedness of the security forces. They claimed that the security forces did not follow the standard operating procedure as they did not have any woman police accompanying them.
The protestors blocked the main road of Kulgam town even as police tried to persuade them to disperse peacefully, the sources said.
Heated arguments between the two sides led to clashes, which were going on till reports last came in. A police spokesman said the cause of woman's death is being investigated.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017